Friday, July 13, 2012

Hope

I am in the process of doing a study on the topic of hope, so I'm sure that this is only the first of many posts on this topic! We all talk about hope and how we need it. Do we know what it really is? Where is our hope, how does it stay secure? These and many other questions have been mulling around in my mind (hence one of the reasons for the study).

Hope can be defined as:
   1. The feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best: 
     2. A person or thing in which expectations are centered: (the medicine was her last hope)


It is really easy to lose hope when things are spinning out of control. Sometimes you just can't see that there is any hope for things to get better. Please know there is ALWAYS hope! When David was at some of his lowest points in life he sought to remember God was his hope. In Psalms 42 and 43 he re-writes the same thing 3 different times. (Sometimes I think things like that are for people like me who need to hear it more than once!) In these verses he writes: 

Why are you cast down, O my soul,
    and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
    my salvation and my God.


If you are struggling I would encourage you to start reading these 2 chapters over and over again. Know that it is normal to struggle! It is normal to have good times and bad times! It is even normal to question God and ask him "Where are you?". Just remember there is ALWAYS hope! If you are struggling look for even the slightest glimpse of hope and hold on to it! You can make it! You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment