Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thinking Back...

Friend of a Wounded Heart

I was reminded recently that this song was the one that I had chosen to sing in a voice recital when I was 13 or 14. It is interesting to me for many reasons that I would have chosen this song. First of all it isn't a song that most kids this age would sing, and also I think it goes a long way to show that even then I was hurting and searching for the love of God.
As I think back over my life it isn't until the last 2 years or so that I really began to believe that God loved ME. This love wan't conditional like I had been taught. It really isn't an if I do ____ then God will love me. God chooses to love NOT because of who I am or how I'm performing, but because of who HE is. There is nothing I can do that can manipulate or change God's love for me. He doesn't love me more if I read my Bible for an hour each day, or serve in every way possible. He loves me simply because I exist.
Every human has a longing and a need to be loved. God freely offers the love you so desperately need. Rest in His unchanging love! Know that you matter in this life because you are loved unconditionally by the God who created you!

1 comment: