Friday, August 23, 2013

Finishing up in Denver

Well, Wednesday brought her procedure and brought news that we weren't expecting. I had anticipated that the procedure would show she either had one problem and needed a particular surgery or another and therefore a different surgery. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The doctors (2 of them did the procedures) came out with the conclusion that she may need both.

So they want her to start by having a Fundoplication. They believe that even though she is on high doses of medications her reflux is still so chronic and bad that she is aspirating and that is causing her lung infections and the fat (lipids) growing in her lungs. She also has a Laryngeal Cleft. Thankfully hers isn't too bad. It is between the type 1 and type 2 (sitting right at the level of the vocal chords). So there is the potential that she may have to have it fixed if she doesn't stop aspirating after the other surgery.

There was a lot of other stuff that was evaluated and found, but that is the big stuff. We are still waiting on some test results, but those will be sent to our doctors at home. We are going to head home and try to find a good surgeon there because it will be much easier if our whole family can be together.

Thanks for your prayers! We appreciate it so much more than I can express!

No comments:

Post a Comment