Friday, June 8, 2012

Changing the Way I Think - Part 2

As I look back over the notes there are just a few more things that stand out to me (see Part 1 here). I have found that changing the way I think can change my whole view on life, and therefore make me a much happier person! Here are a few more things that I have found helpful when seeking to apply Philippians 4:8 to my life.

~ Junk-proof your mind...
     ~ A healthy mind is one that works for you instead of against you.
     ~ You are always affirming something in your life because you are always thinking...
          ~ Choose to affirm the good.
          ~ Memorize Scripture to help keep your mind filled with the good.
~ If you are going to be serious about having a positive mindset you have to limit your exposure to negativity.
~ Living with Gratitude is a great way to defend your joy!
     ~ Gratitude is the cornerstone of an unstoppable attitude.
     ~ Gratitude is a conviction, a practice, and a discipline
     ~ Gratitude is a choice. (I Thessalonians 5:18 says to give thanks in ALL circumstances)


These are some of the things that I'm really choosing to focus on in my life right now. I'm choosing to be thankful that we have finally found out what is wrong with our youngest daughter, and that she can be helped rather than worrying about the surgery. I'm choosing to dwell on what is good and right. That doesn't mean that there aren't times negative thoughts don't creep in, it just means I choose not to dwell there. I choose to focus on the goodness of my God and be thankful for the many blessings I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment