Sunday, September 15, 2013

Challenge

I saw a quote today that really made me think. I haven't been able to get it out of my mind, and maybe that is because there is so much truth in what it says.

I am ___________: Everything you put in the blank will either build you up or tear you down. Choose wisely!

So often we fill in the blank with words like: fat, tired, ugly, stressed, overwhelmed, a failure, etc... When we do this we start thought processes that drag us down emotionally, physically and spiritually.

Instead we should be filling in that blank with truth such as: loved, chosen, redeemed, beautiful, and overcomer, and so many others! When we dwell on these things it brings us up and helps us to not get discouraged, but to realize who we are and who we are created to be.

My challenge to myself and to you is to try to fill that blank with things that are true, and lovely! Let's start to see ourselves as God sees us!

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment