Friday, March 21, 2014

Feeling helpless...

I'll be honest, the past few days have been excruciating! My baby girl is in the hospital and really struggling significantly. I'm exhausted physically and emotionally. My heart hurts. I feel helpless because I can't make everything better. I HATE that feeling.

So with lots of time on my hands while in the hospital with my sweet baby girl I have done a lot of thinking. So many times I have heard and even said something like: "You don't realize the blessing of a healthy child till you have one that isn't".

Seriously, what was I thinking? Yes, it is a blessing to have healthy children, but that doesn't mean that those with challenges aren't a blessing. My sweet baby girl has been through so very much, and yet she brings so much joy to those around her. She teaches me things all the time. She very rarely complains about all of the stuff that she has to endure. So often we complain about little things (for me it is drivers who annoy me), and she pushes on through the pain complaining so little about it that most people would never know she has anything wrong with her.

So while my heart aches, and I wish I could take away her pain I'm so grateful for what an amazing gift I have been given in my precious girl!

1 comment:

  1. Spot on my friend. Praying for Aria and y'all. Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete