I have lots of friends who are doing 30 days of thankfulness and saying something each day this month that they are thankful for. I love the idea, and I contemplated doing it myself, but I know we are in for a crazy month because our youngest daughter is having yet another major surgery later this month. So, I decided that instead of doing one every day I would just make a list of some of the things that I'm thankful for and post them all at once!
1. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who has stood by me and supported me in amazing ways!
2. I'm thankful for my children and the joy they bring to my life!
3. I'm thankful that over the last few years I have come to know who God really is!
4. I'm thankful for hope and that there is always hope!
5. I'm thankful for the amazing friends that have loved me unconditionally.
6. I'm thankful for some of the amazing doctors that have been able to help our sweet baby girl!
7. I'm thankful for the beautiful home that we are privileged to live in.
8. I'm thankful that God is always faithful!
9. I'm thankful that even though things are tight we always have enough.
10. I'm thankful for great music and how it does so much to brighten my days!
11. I'm thankful that a simple inexpensive coat of paint can change the whole feel of a room!
12. I'm thankful for clean, warm water, and that we don't have to worry about that.
13. I'm thankful that our son keeps us laughing and is often a bright spot in tough days.
14. I'm thankful that our oldest daughter is loving her new school and is thriving there!
15. I'm thankful that our sweet baby girl is tough because that has helped her walk this icky road.
16. I'm thankful that we have insurance.
17. I'm thankful for the crap that I have gone through in life because that has made me who I am today.
18. I'm thankful for the school my kids go to and that we are able to choose the school that best fits them!
19. I'm thankful for coffee! It helps me get going every morning!
20. I'm thankful for the amazing grandparents my kids have!
21. I'm thankful for a Grandma that prayed for me every day and loved me unconditionally.
22. I'm thankful that it is so easy to keep in contact with people far away that I love!
23. I'm thankful for a smartphone that I can download games on to keep little ones occupied easily!
24. I'm thankful that I'm able to work on line from home!
25. I'm thankful that I live in Arizona where I don't have to freeze, but where we can easily "visit" the snow.
26. I'm thankful for freedom!
27. I'm thankful for how easy it is to find new, yummy recipes online!
28. I'm thankful for my oldest daughter's adoptive parents and how they love her!
29. I'm thankful for churches that not only teach the truth of the Bible, but LIVE it out!
30. I'm thankful that we can break the cycle of abuse within our family, and instead build wonderful memories of real love with our children!