Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Higher and Deeper

We sang a song in church this past Sunday that really struck a chord with me. I have listened to it over and over in the last couple of days. It has so much truth in the words, I feel like it tells my life. I could choose to stay where it is "safe" and not struggle through the trials, but He has called me higher. If I hold on to who I am and am not willing to grow and change I will not be the person that God has called me to be.

I'm so thankful for the trials that I have been through (yes, you did just read that!). As painful as much of my life has been it has made me who I am. It also has given me a glimpse of God and His mercy and grace that I would not have known otherwise. I wouldn't trade the journey, because without the journey I wouldn't know God the way that I do and therefore wouldn't be the same person.

Thank you God for calling me higher and deeper and for using my trials in life to change me into a better person!





No comments:

Post a Comment